It is important for every woman to look good with whatever clothes she wears. Aside from mix and matching some clothes, women tend to have problems with picking the right dress. This is the main reason why getting some tips on how to choose women’s dresses is important. If you’re one of these women, getting to know how to pick the right dress will make dressing up easier and faster. This will also make shopping for dresses easier. Women who are aware of the type of dress suitable for their body shape is an advantage, especially when shopping. Since you know what will improve your overall look, you can avoid buying the wrong dresses and focus on those where you will look good.
Importance of Picking a dress Suitable for your Body Shape
Even stylists will have to admit that there are certain cuts of dresses that won’t look flattering on the wrong body shape. There are a lot of reasons why you should give importance to picking women dresses suitable for your body shape. Some of these reasons are:
Saves You Money and Time
The last thing that you’d want to experience is buying lots of dresses and ending up wearing only one or two. Now, that is a total waste of money and time. When you know your body shape,
you get to know what types of dresses would look good on you. You can save money by buying the right dresses and save time by not getting stuck with thinking whether one dress will look good on you or not.
You Know What Styles Suit You
Knowing your body shape will help you know the styles that suit you. This may include the patterns, cuts, and even the fabrics used for the dress. When you go shopping, you already know what styles you should look for and avoid comparing it with others.
Be Your Own Stylist
One thing that makes knowing your body shape important is that you can be your own stylist. You’ll get to know what accessories will match the dress you want to wear and improve it further by wearing the right makeup.
Knowing these things, you’ll understand how picking the right dress would compliment your body shape and focus on your assets. You see, the simple reason that you know your assets will make you feel more confident about how you look.
Get to Know Your Body Shape and What Women Dresses You Should Pick
Every woman has her own body shape. If you get to know yours, it will be easier for you to know the women’s dresses that you should buy and wear. Keep reading and learn what your body shape is and what dresses you should be choosing.
1. Apple-Shaped Body
Apple or round-shaped bodies have thicker midsection. When selecting women dresses consider the following:
- Choose V-neck waist dresses or A-line dresses. Pick those with layered designs as these will redefine the waist area.
- If you’re going for a dress with a belt, you can wear a thin one just below the bust instead of using it around your waist. Consider getting a sash belt of chain belt for this option.
- With patterns, choose those that can elongate your appearance and take the attention away from your waist area.
- Accentuate your shoulders, but never use padding all the time. Pick those with structured shoulders to give emphasis on your shoulders.
2. Hourglass-Shaped Body
Basically, women with an hourglass-shaped body tend to have fewer issues with picking their dresses. However, this is a rare body shape with women. You have this body is your bust and hips are almost the same measurements and you have a thin waist. Pick a dress with these factors to consider in mind:
- When dressing up, pick a dress that will highlight your curves.
- With this type of body: you can wear those body-hugging fabrics as these can accentuate your bust and hips.
- You should focus on your waist. Flatter your curves by wearing v-neck dresses.
- Avoid straight cut dresses as these will make you look heavy.
3. Pear-Shaped Body
A pear-shaped body is almost similar to a triangle. The hips and thigh area is bigger so you have to pick a dress that can balance out the shape of your body. Follow the tips below:
- Since you have bigger hips, you should focus on highlighting your shoulders or upper part of your body.
- Dresses with embellished or patterned tops are great options to balance your figure. You can enhance how your shoulders look by wearing dresses with puffy sleeves with a bateau neckline.
- A-line dresses are highly recommended instead of those with short and pencil cut on the lower part of the dress.
- You can also wear a blazer over your dress as it can enhance the shape of your shoulders and at the same time balance the shape from your shoulders to your hips.
4. Rectangular-Shaped Body
Rectangular-Shaped bodies are those that lack natural curves. The shape of the year’s body seems flat since year bust, waist, and hips almost have the same measurements. However: this shouldn’t stop you from wearing dresses.
- Give your body some curves when wearing dresses by wearing a belt.
- Wrap and empire waist dresses are perfect for this body shape as it can emphasize both the upper and lower part of the body.
- Go for dresses with frills and ruffles to add volume, texture, as well as femininity to your body.
- Dresses in short skirts will emphasize your legs and can make your body look curvier.
- As much as you want to wear men’s clothing like sweatshirts and jogging pants: you may want to avoid those as you would look boyish.
- Getting to know your body shape, as well as the type of dresses suitable for you, will make it easier for you to pick a dress and wear them with confidence.
Important Tips to Look Better in Women Dresses
- When choosing women’s dresses, it is necessary that you know your assets. You should then pick a dress that can accentuate it. Your clothes should flatter your assets as this will draw away the attention on what you’re lacking.
- Don’t wear a complete set of jewelry as it may overwhelm your entire look. You don’t want to look cluttered. So wearing your jewelry pieces one at a time is recommended than wearing them all at once. Matching colored accessories can overdo your style. Try contrasting yet stylish pieces that can make you look better.
- Know the difference between daytime and nighttime makeup. Oftentimes, you don’t have to wear other accessories if you’re wearing full makeup. It automatically becomes the accessory and effortlessly completes your look.
You see, it doesn’t really have to be complicated. Follow the tips mentioned above and you can have the basics of getting the look that you want. Just don’t forget to wear that big bright smile and confidence to complete your look.